Frequently Asked Questions on Local SEO & Google Business Profile
What is Google Business Profile?
Google Business Profile is a free online business profile provided by Google. It allows you to create a business profile and manage how your business information appears on Google Search and Google Maps. A Google My Business listing helps customers find your business when they perform an online search on Google.
Google Business Profile used to be called Google My Business.
Why is Google Business Profile Important?
An optimized Google Business Profile is very important for local SEO. It is the top local SEO ranking factor today.
A Google Business Profile enables your business to:
- Reach local customers searching online on Google Search and Google Maps for products and services.
- Make your business eligible to be featured on the local pack, the listing of 3 local businesses listed above the Google organic search results.
- Improve local search or SEO (search engine optimization) visibility and stand out on Google search results.
- Connect with customers with phone calls, messaging, special offers and reviews.
- Show what makes your business unique with photos, posts and special events.
- Increase traffic to your website as customers click through from Google Business Profile for more information or to make a purchase.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO or Local Search Engine Optimization is a marketing strategy that helps a local business to improve local search rankings on Google, Microsoft Bing and other search engines. A local SEO strategy includes website optimization, local listings and local content. Local SEO helps a local business to reach targeted customers in their area and increases website traffic, leads and conversions.
What are the benefits of Local SEO?
- Local Search Engine Optimization helps a business to reach local customers
Local SEO is very important for a local business. When customers search for a product or service in their local area, local SEO helps your website to perform well on Google search results.
- Local SEO improves search visibility
There are millions of websites competing for the top pages of Google. Local SEO helps to improve your website visibility in Google search so that your business can be found when customers search online
- Local SEO sends targeted visitors to your website & helps to increase leads & conversions
Local SEO helps attract targeted visitors to your website when they are searching online for products and services. Since these visitors are already interested in your products or services, they are more likely to convert to leads or customers.
- Local SEO provides long-term results
Once your website is optimized for search engine optimization, it will take a few months to see ranking improvements on Google. SEO is not a one-time effort because Google search algorithms are continually changing. Search Engine Optimization is a continued effort but provides long-term results.
- SEO improves Return on Investment (ROI)
SEO is a cost-effective method of inbound marketing with significant gains. It is affordable marketing on the search engines.
How long does local SEO take to show results?
SEO takes time to produce results. SEO is not a one-time effort since search engine algorithms change frequently. SEO optimization takes about 4 to 6 months to show improvements in organic search rankings. However, the results are long-term and continue to grow with time.
Google Business Profile optimization and local listings will show results in a shorter time once they are verified by Google and are published online.
Local SEO Marketing Service Areas
Gold Mango Design is a digital marketing, web development and SEO company based in Plano, TX. We provide Google Business Profile and Local SEO Services to local businesses in Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Richardson, Dallas and North Dallas. We also provide SEO services to businesses nationally across the USA.
We provide other digital marketing services including Google Ads PPC management, Organic SEO, Google Analytics, Web Design and Development, Digital Marketing Consulting and more. For help, please contact us.
Related Articles on Search Engine Optimization or SEO
For additional information on Search Engine Optimization, here are some related articles.