Google My Business Rebranded as Google Business Profile
Google has announced that Google My Business will be rebranded as Google Business Profile as of 11/4/21.
Small businesses can now manage their Google Business Profile directly through Google Search and Maps.
What is changing with the Google Business Profile?
In addition to changing the name from Google My Business to Google Business Profile, Google is moving business profile management to Google Search and Maps.
Google is recommending that small businesses with single listings manage their business profiles directly through Google Search or Maps.
Businesses can claim and verify their Google Business Profile, and edit business information, directly on Google Search or Maps.
The existing Google My Business website will transition to support large businesses with multiple locations and will be renamed Business Profile Manager.
Large businesses will also be able to manage individual business profiles through Google Search or Maps.
The Google My Business API will be renamed the Business Profile API and will keep its current functionality.
Google plans to retire the Google My Business app in 2022.
History of Name Changes
The Google Business Profile is the latest name in a long history of name changes to the business listing services that Google has made in the past few years.
Before being called Google My Business, it was called Google Places. Before that it was called Google+ Local.
We can be sure that Google will probably change the name again in the future.
Introduction of New Features with the Google Business Profile
In addition to the name change from Google My Business to Google Business Profile, Google has added some new features.
- Businesses can claim and verify their Google Business Profile directly on Google Search and Maps. (Google)
- Call history is being introduced in US and Canada. Businesses can see which customer calls came from the Google Business Profile. When a customer uses the “call” button on the Google Business Profile, the calls will be shown in the calls tab. (Google)
- Once you turn on chat, customers will see a “chat” button on your Google Business Profile and can message you directly. Messages will show in your Google Business profile. (Google)
How to Manage Your Business Profile Directly on Google Search and Maps
To manage your business profile directly on Google Search and Maps, follow these steps:
1. Sign into Google with the google account that you use to manage your business profile.
2. Search for your business name on Google Search or Maps.
3. If your business is not claimed, you can claim and verify your business directly from Google Search or Maps. Once the business is verified by Google, you can edit your Google Business Profile.
4. If your business is already verified, Click on “Edit profile” in your Google Business Profile. You can edit your business information including, hours, products, services, photos and more. This works on both desktop and mobile devices.
Google Business Profile on Desktop
Google Business Profile on Mobile Devices
Google has renamed Google My Business to Google Business Profile. Businesses with a single location can now edit their Google Business Profile directly from Google Search and Maps. This makes it easier to manage business profiles from Google Search without having to log into a separate Google business profile account.
Large businesses with multiple locations will continue to use the Google My Business website which has been renamed to Business Profile Manager.
• Introducing New Updates to Google Business Profile
• Connect with Local Holiday Shoppers
1. How to create and optimize a Google My Business Listing for your business
2. 11 New Google My Business Features for 2020 and Covid-19
3. New Google My Business Features to help your business reach more customers in 2019
4. What is SEO or Search Engine Optimization and Why is it Important?
5. 10 Local SEO Tips to Boost Local Search Rankings
6. What is Local SEO? Why is Local Search Important?
Need Help with Google My Business or SEO?
If you need help with Google My Business or SEO, please feel free to contact us. We offer digital marketing services including Google Ads PPC Marketing, SEO, Local SEO, Web Design & Development, and Digital Marketing Consulting services. We are located in Plano, TX outside Dallas and serve businesses in the USA. Contact us at https://goldmangodesign.com